Thursday, March 31, 2016

And the work begins!

After almost 3 weeks since my last post a lot has happened. Meanwhile the director of MIVIDA Costa Rica has returned and we had our team meeting during which we split up our responsibilities for this upcoming year. I was made responsible and man in charge of the Experimentas, which is the practical part that happens after the conference. This is a very important part of the conference. The vision is that the participants of the conference wouldn't just hear and learn theoretical parts but also would apply what they just learned. For this we offer a short missions trip. My job now together with my team to get in touch with different Pastors and Organisations who are willing to host a group of young people to experience God's hand on work. For this upcoming Conference which is an international one we are looking to offer trips to India, Senegal, Brazil, Albania, Costa Rica and the surrounding countries. Well you might think now that this is a lot of work and a huge responsibility. Well I can't and will not deny this. It is a lot of work and a huge responsibility. The goal is it to have as many participants to do such a trip. In MOVIDA's experience so far they figured that about 30% of the conference participants join a missions trip.   So I'm really thankful if you could keep this in your prayers. Thank you.
Beside this work I also am working on the website for this conference. Sadly I can't post the link yet because the website is not quit done yet but you'll be one of the first to know when the site is ready.
So now a few words to my privat life. During easter break the city of San Jose was totally abandoned. There was no one here, the streets where empty and most people where somewhere on the beach or in the mountains. On Good Friday I had the chance to join a few missionaries to go to one of the volcanos and to go to the hot springs, which are heated by the volcano. That day the volcano was covered by clouds but the springs where so nice. They had pools with hot water (so hot you couldn't go in) to the cold water pools. We had the opportunity to spend a really nice and relaxing day there. On our way home we stopped by a place that is known for their tree art (the way they cut trees). The garden of the catholics Church was very beautiful and with good reason the town is known for their trees but at the same time the catholic Church was having something like a parade. What I didn't noticed right away was that this parade was like a funeral. And surely enough they were bringing Jesus in a cuffing down the street. This whole picture of the parade was so messed up that I wasn't sure if I should
take this picture below and now even I wasn't sure if I should post it. But eventually I figured that to understand what is going on here I would have to post it. We are not used to such things in Europe or North America.

Ok, so now you're updated again. This upcoming Saturday I'll have a meeting with my Team in which we will plan and set our goals for this upcoming year.
Thank you so much for support, it means a lot to me.

God's blessing upon you!