Thursday, September 29, 2016

14 weeks

14 weeks left. Just 14 weeks left till the CIMA in January starts. Work is advancing and soon the whole registration stress and the trip books will start. I'm personally doing good even though sometimes the ashes from the volcano bother me.
Yes we have an active volcano close by (40 km if you drew a direct line). Last week he erupted and due to the ashes they had to shut down the airport. My eyes were in pain and breathing was also not easy. Now the air is clean again but depending on the direction of the wind we might smell some sulfur in the air and everything might be a bit covered in ashes. It's kind of interesting to experience this, so far the coolest part of it were the earthquakes. The strongest was 5.3 on the richter scale but to be honest it also was about 140km away from us but still, to suddenly feel the earth shake underneath your feet is quite impressive.
Ok, my last post has been awhile. I traveled a bit in the last months and there is more to come. After my trip to El Salvador I was quick in Switzerland for my best friends wedding. It was a great surprise for him. I also used this trip to attend the annual meeting of MOVIDA, in which we discussed a bit what they expect from me and where they could see me in the next few years. I'll talk about this more as soon as everything is confirmed.
View from the office on the day of eruption
I'm now about 3 weeks back in Costa Rica and I'm already getting ready for my next trip. Together with 3 other missionaries we are heading to Nicaragua for our last promo tour. What exactly will happen I don't know yet. I just know so far, that I'll have to give a mini seminar about transcultural missions.
In the last few weeks I was busy with getting the last locations ready for the mission trips that we are offering in January. I have some new once confirmed and some others I'm still waiting for an answer. Also we have confirmed two trips to Europe. One will be in Spain and the other in Croatia. This two trips will be a month long during the months of February and March. I'll have the chance to join the group that will be heading to Croatia.

While I was in Switzerland some people asked me how I was personally doing. To be honest I'm doing good but I also am noticing the non-stop work that we have. We almost work between 6 and 6.5 days a week and the close we get to CIMA the more we have to get ready and finish up. I'm surprised by those missionaries that are doing this for years and can keep up with this pace. I'm looking forward for a little brake next year. I'm also attending a church here even though it's not that often that I attend due to work I still love the change that it gives me the times I can go. It's always refreshing to be around the youth of that church and to do stuff with them. But beside that I'm doing pretty good.

Well this are the News for now. If you have any questions about CIMA and / or the trips to Europe then let me know. Find my contact information here >>

Thank you so much for your interest and your support.
May God the Almighty bless you richly!