Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trip to Sento Sé

Well now I'm back from my trip to Sento Sé, BA. The trip began for me in Floriano and went till Remanso and from there to Sento Sé.


How I mentioned it a few weeks earlier I went with PróSERTÃO to Sento Sé to help out at a Congress to train leaders that would work in the area of kids ministry.
We had a good and save trip. Till Remanso we drove with our car and from Remanso to Sento Sé we had to take a boat across the river.
The Congress was a success. We had around 50 leaders or people that wanted to be trained in it. We had the chance to teach a lot to them. The local Pastor wants now to start or improve the kids ministry and use all the knowledge that this leaders have now.
In this region it is really dry, they are now in the rainy season but it didn't rain since January. The river or better the dam is really low. You can see now the water towers from the old city that got flooded as a consequence of the dam. A lot of trucks come to the river to get water to deliver it to the villiges in the interior of the country that are suffering because of the lack of water.

Here are some pictures from the Congress as well as from this dryness.

Now I have a lot of work to do till the end of March. I have two assignments that I have to send to CLBI. One is a research project involving the drug problems here in Barão and the other is a learning project involving the soccer school. These means that I have a lot of work before me. 

I thank you very much for your support in prayer.