Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Leadership


A few days already have past since the children's day and my last post. I had the chance to experience and do a lot. So last Thursday we went to a village in the interior of Barão. I was scheduled to lead that evening. A usual thing to do here is to start the evening with an icebreaker. So I thought about a game that I could do with them that had to do with the theme of the night. The evening went well, actually in my opinion it went very well. The people interrupted quite often Pastor Simon who was bringing the message for that night to ask him questions. Some already knew a lot about the Bible other not that much but the most important thing was that they asked and they didn't just asked easy questions, no they had some good theological questions too.
Friday I was asked to lead the youth group on Saturday night. I was suppose to lead the next youth group but because the one responsible for this Saturday had a night shift at the hospital, she wasn't able to do it. So I did it. But what would I do?? I had not experience yet a youth group, because the once before where barely or not at all attended. And now this would be the first after the election time. So I thought that I should call my mother to ask her for ideas. The theme was "athletes for Christ", so I thought to do some games with them and afterwards to talk to them about it. For that evening the specific theme was about our motivation. What kind of motivation we have in our life and for the kingdom of God. So I had to plan so games in which it didn't matter how many people would come. When the time came, we had six youth. By the end of the night we had eight but just six that where there for the whole event. At the end of the night I didn't know if what I planned was good or not, but the Pastor told me that it was a good evening and that it was the first time that they had that many youth again. So I guess I can look back to a small success. I hope though that more youth will show up during my time here in Barão.
Next Sunday I will be leading worship in church. We'll see how I'm going to end up doing that. I think that was all for now. Right now I'm by my self because the Reifler family is on holidays, and that causes me not to have that much work but gives me time to write my blog.

Ok I wish you all good and thank you for your support.
be blessed